UPDATED COVID-19 GUIDANCE
After an unprecedented year, we are delighted to let you know that The Buck Inn will reopen at 12pm on Friday 14th May 2021!
We still have Government guidance to follow, so until the 17th May we have to operate outdoor table service only. We only have 8 tables outdoors, so bookings would be advisable. We are still at the mercy of the Great British weather, so opening hours for 14th-16th May, while we can only serve you outside, will be dependant on the elements. From 17th May we can invite you back inside again, but please try and make a reservation where possible, as we are reaching capacity on many days already and don't want to disappoint anyone by having to turn people away.
From the 17th May when we can reopen our bedrooms and our inside space, there will still need to be some guidance to follow, but we are trying to make it as customer friendly as possible. We will have to ask you to adhere to the following Government guidelines though:
- All customers must sign in via the NHS App or the manual register. This is a difference from previous guidance where just 1 member of a party signed in.
- All customers must wear a face mask whilst not seated indoors. There are medical exemptions, but we are sorry but we will have to see proof in those situations.
- All service will be at the table only, with no access to stand/sit/order at the bar.
- We still have to operate within the 'rule of 6 or 2 households'. We ask that customers please do not try and bend this rule, as we will have to refuse service to any party we believe is not complying. Please remember that this is not our rule, but we have to adhere to it. Any abuse or disrespect to staff will not be tolerated and will result in your party being asked to leave.
- Access to the toilets will be limited to 1 person or 1 'bubble ' only, with a sanitiser station set up for use upon entry and exit. There will be a reversible, laminated sign on each door, which will display whether the toilets are vacant or engaged. We ask that customers please make use of these.
If we stay on track with the Government Road Map, we should be able to relax this guidance further from the 21st June.
We hope to see you soon. Jo & Jeremy 😊